fixed1t_music_software_728x90

Amazon Best Deals

Search This Blog

Saturday 26 October 2013

Mavericks - Free Garageband in the App Store Requires In App Purchase - No Archive Facility


Great news for all of you who have never used Garageband, with Mavericks you get not only a free OSX but a free 'cut down' version of Garageband.

This version has a limited numbers of Apple Loops in the various categories, and like a lot of users with Logic I have a lot of loops.  So I've spent the last few hours creating aliases of my apple loop folders and replacing the Apple loops folders with Aliases, then re-indexing.


Here's my black magic woman test file

It worked a treat.... I'm not paying extra for in app add on purchases I thought.

So then I set about looking into loading my old software instruments, as there are very few of them in the Free Garageband.  I thought no problems a quick few aliases in the right place and they'd all be there.

Wrong.. Apple have done away with the CSV instrument files...  So I realised after a satisfying few hours I was going to have to hit the dreaded in app purchase, too my surprise it was £2.99 for all the sample Jam packs I'd paid a kings ransom for and all the software instruments.

It's a no brainer, brilliant.  But as you will see in my coming blogs this Free version has serious limitations.  But its a great way to play solo composer on your mac.

Get Mavericks, get the Free Garageband and pay the £2.99 LOL  That's 9 gig of samples and software instruments.

I hope to be doing the full testing of my converters over the weekend.

fixed1t

Stop press: Great news my converters work, but this Free Version is seriously limiting and currently incompatible:

iPad 4 - Error Message Loading Mavericks Garageband Song

http://fixed1t-music-software.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/warning-no-archiving-with-maverick.html

If you want to share your Mac Garageband songs with your iPad etc you'll need to install and work with an older version of Garageband i.e. Garageband 11 version 6

http://fixed1t-music-software.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/how-to-install-and-run-garageband-free.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its only worth while me spending time on blogs If I know they are being read and it is not easy to know. So If you have taken time to read a blog entry then please leave a comment or question. Thanks Malcolm