fixed1t_music_software_728x90

Amazon Best Deals

Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Can I wifi midi my iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch to my Mac PC?


Yes

Absolutely, I do it all the time and its built into the mac for free hiding in the Utilities Folder in the Applications Folder.

To do it you

Open the Audio Midi Setup


Under the Window pull down menu you select   show midi window

In the Midi Studio Window you double click on the purple Network icon


This brings you up a Midi Network Setup window


Now go to your synth or midi App on the iPad e.g. I used the brilliant Arturia iMini and select the midi 5 pin din at it will pop up with

Network Session 1   switched on

If you now go back to Midi Network Setup window

You'll see in the lower right directory window that your iPad Name is listed

Click the + in the My Session above

Session 1  will appear tick the box

Connect is highlighted below in the directory window click it.

now set the network session in and out as per the picture and your ready to go

Open your midi app on the Mac  and play it and the iMini will sound the notes.

If you have iPad Midi Monitor

opening the app will show session 1 active and notes you play will control synths on your mac, If you have mac midi monitor open it and you will see the notes being played.


If you use Garageband then please check out my  other garageband entries, you wont be disappointed.

Please check out my showreel and other Garageband Videos at the fixed1t youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KJcFR4DKKk

If this is useful please like it and leave messages.

Thanks fixed1t

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its only worth while me spending time on blogs If I know they are being read and it is not easy to know. So If you have taken time to read a blog entry then please leave a comment or question. Thanks Malcolm